Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Between Two Worlds: The Unveiling of Yasuo Kuniyoshi

When the Whitney Museum of American Art decided to stage in 1948 their first exhibition of a living American artist, they chose someone who wasn’t even an American citizen, but only legally could become one just before his death. Painter Yasuo Kuniyoshi came to America as a teenager and immersed himself in American culture and art while rising to the top of his profession, all while facing discrimination based on his Japanese heritage. The exhibition The Artistic Journey of Yasuo Kuniyoshi, which runs through August 30, 2015, at the Smithsonian American Art Museum in Washington, DC, unveils an amazing story of an artist who lived between two worlds — East and West — while bridging them in his art that not only synthesized different traditions, but also mirrored the joys and cruelties of them. Please come over to Picture This at Big Think to read more of "Between Two Worlds: The Unveiling of Yasuo Kuniyoshi."

7 comments:

Brooke said...

I would have loved to visit the Whitney Museum of American Art. I've been looking for some inspiration on my paintings so I'll be visiting some modern day art museums in the future. I also enjoy looking up catchy art phrases and quotes. If you want I can share some of them with you here: Art Slogans

essay best said...

I beleive that art is really a blessing. Their is art in everything around us, just more proof of a supreme designer !

Anonymous said...

Art is a strong way to demonstrate inner feelings and thoughts. Life is unpredictable . Some people get fame in life other after their death. Mixture of two culture must b worth watching

hotmail login said...

Please kindly notify me for more updates. Thank you.

Image manipulation service said...

Thanks for sharing this information. It is a very nice Article. Clipping Expert Asia Provided best image manipulation and more other services...if you want to know click the below link.

URGENT LOAN said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

henry90 said...

butyrfentanyl for sale
buy dextroamphetamine powder
can i buy benzocaine powder over the counter
buy tussionex cough syrup online
buy dexmethylphenidate online
Buy bzp powder
bzp for sale
Buy mdai online